Vegan Recipe – Banana Sushi – Healthy Snack

Have you ever had a yearning for a dessert whilst your still making dinner, but you don't have time to make a cake? 

This is exactly what happened to me at lunch time. I had made myself a sandwich with an English muffin, and I was making myself a café latté to go with my lunch when I suddenly decided to have a dessert! I know it's crazy, but that's me! Carpe Diem!
I rarely take dessert, I don't have a sweet tooth even I love my food, but I would be the kind of person you should not leave a packet of crisps or peanuts around! 🙂
After a quick fridge a cupboard inventory ( real quick, as I was due to go shopping tomorrow). I decided to have a banana, but not your average banana. A Banana Sushi! 


Banana sushi - Pecan nuts & Coconut.

So quick to make and truly delicious. The list of possibilities is endless! As simple or as classy as you wish! Each topping will bring a special touch to your dessert. 
This is the recipe as I made it for me today. 
Count one banana per person if you are making this dessert for more than one.
The ingredients :
1 Organic Banana.
4 Squares of dark chocolate ( I used baking chocolate from the organic range in Super U. )
Pecan nuts
Shredded Coconut.


newlifekarma-bananasushi-ingredients
Les ingredients pour réaliser des Banana Sushi

What you will need :
Cutting board
A small dish to melt  the chocolate
A microwave or a pot to melt the chocolate "bain-marie".
Small spoon or spatula.
Knife.
The Method :
Try a pick a banana as straight as possible. Peel the banana and place it on the cutting board. Cut both ends.
Cut the nuts into small bits and keep them to one side.


 Organic Banana

During this time, melt your chocolate in a small dish in the microwave.
Once the chocolate has melted, pour it over the banana. Use the back of the spoon to spread the chocolate until it is completely covered. Sprinkle the pecan bits and coconut over the banana. 
Let the banana sit for a few minutes so that the chocolate hardens. Then cut the banana into large slices (bite size). Leave to one side, once the chocolate has completely hardened, place the banana on a plate and sprinkle some extra nut bits and coconut over the top. 
Personally, I didn't wait long! ( I know, no discipline ! ) I used a knife to place the bites on my plate. 


Banana sushi - Perfect Healthy Snack!

As the banana is completely covered in chocolate, you can make these in advance and keep them in the fridge before serving. 
20 November 2017.
Today I made this recipe again, using Pistachios, coconut, and Goji berries. So delicious and truly so easy to make! 🙂
Have you tried the recipe yet?


NewLifeKarma-bananasushi-pistaches-goji
Banana Sushi - Pistachios, coconut & Goji Berries.

Don't hesitate to vary the ingredients: Dried fruits, nuts of your choice, flower petals etc. 
You can even add extra flavor to your chocolate by adding a one or two drops of Vanilla essence. 
Instead of chocolate, you can also use almond or peanut butter.
I will make more « Banana sushis » I show you the different flavors possible as I go!
If you are serving this as a family dessert or with friends, don't forget the chopsticks, just for fun! 
I look forward to seeing what toppings you are going to try! Let me know what you think of the recipe. Add your favorite toppings in the comments to share with everyone.
Have fun & Bon appétit!

Comments

Popular Posts